Re: [stella] The sad story about my Atari 2600 TV format conversions

Subject: Re: [stella] The sad story about my Atari 2600 TV format conversions
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 11:27:03 +0100
Glenn wrote:
>Now, I've only had positive experiences dealing with Randy.

I had the very same experiences until about two or three months
ago.

>It seems really out of character for him to act this way.  I
>can only imagine he's doing this out of spite because the two
>of you got into some kind of spat over something.  What
>happened between you two??

I don't want to discuss this in public. This wouldn't be good
for the whole community. That's also the reason why I quited
dealing with him silently.

>As for legal recourse, the bottom line is that these are hacks
>so you can't really claim copyright for what is 99% someone
>else's program.

I know, I never claimed legal copyright. But I think I have
some "moralic copyright".

>On the other hand, legally speaking, Randy shouldn't even be
>allowed to sell anything but homebrew originals, but Hozer
>Video has a long history of being actively ignored by those
>who might care about it.

I have no problems with that, though I have heard that this
might change too. A big company can easily defend its legal
rights, but I'm only a single person hoping for community
support. I think that's the much better way for me (and
everyone else, maybe except Randy) to solve the problem instead
of going to a lawyer which might not help anyway.

Have fun!
Thomas