Re: [stella] Rubik Cube 3d

Subject: Re: [stella] Rubik Cube 3d
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 21:50:35 -0500
I wrote:

>Your squares are also wider than the original...

Thomas Replied:

>Really? Where?

Hrm, you're right! I was sure the proto's square's were smaller, the size of LDA #$Absolute/STA COLUPF. Which is what had me thinking they'd done a RAM routine. But they're not, they're the size of LDA #$ZeroPage/STA COLUPF. Strange!

So my squares are smaller then both. Which explains much...

Must've been too much eggnog...

>Are you sure? Is your demo done that way?

No, we've taken similar approaches as far as the diagonals. Using quad sized P0/P1 only occured to me as I was writing that post.

But check the attached, it uses quad sized P0 and P1 at the left and right of the cube to create the black diagonals (black so they're obvious, and so I don't have to keep fiddling with the code). This leaves only the middle two squares, which could be handled by stationary M0 and M1 and just changing their lengths.

The alignment is off because I'm still using smaller squares (it's just my previous code, hacked to drop in the quad-sized P0/P1 and remove the earlier diagonals) with the larger squares used by yourself and the proto, the alignment would be correct...

>So did I win the duel? ;-)

Your kung-fu is no good! You cannot hurt me! The toad has iron skin.

That being said, we've come up with several ways to do this and it's not really a particularly interesting project otherwise, so I think I'll go back to working on my curling sim....

Chris...