Re: [stella] Rubik Cube 3d

Subject: Re: [stella] Rubik Cube 3d
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:30:35 -0500
>Yes, that should work, though you'll also have "blocky" diagonals, will still be limited to n*3 wide cubes

Yes - The diagonal pattern in that last one is identical to the one in the proto.

>and you will have HMOVE blanks (which the original has not).

No, there are no HMOVEs. P0 and P1 are stationary, as are M0 and M1 to cover the middle.

Sigh, I'm just going to have to go and do this, aren't I?

Okay, check the attached. It's just quad-sized P0 and P1 with COLUP0 and COLUP1 changed mid-scanline (and then the background is white to show there are no HMOVEs). Compare it to the proto, the squares are the same width and the diagonals are the same (except the center which is off a couple pixels but I have other things to fiddle with...) [So this may not be exactly how they did it, I'm thinking using P0/P1 to cover the middle 4 squares and then using M0/M1 on the outer 2 squares might be a better idea]

The next step would be to just overlay it over playfield to form the lower parts of squares and then use M0/M1 (and maybe Ball) for the 2 left squares.

But I'm not working on this anymore, right?

>Hey, Curling for the 2600! What a thriller!!! :-)

I'm going to include speech synth as from Berzerk so the 2600 will yell "SWEEP!" "SWEEP!"

I expect everyone's wives, girlfriends and mothers will really appreciate that....

Chris....