[stella] Fu Kung! v0.04

Subject: [stella] Fu Kung! v0.04
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 23:53:09 +1100
Attached is the first version with actual fighter-frames.

Actually there are two versions - I forgot to mention that the sprite system
is capable of single-line or double-line resolution... so here we see the
same frames but displayed in both sizes.  It's currently a compile-time
change, not a runtime one (though runtime would be easy).  I think I'll use
the large size... but am open to opinions on that.  The frames themselves
are pretty much like what I intend to use when/if I find some actual
graphics somewhere.  I don't plan on including colours - this is intended to
be a game with playability.... and I am quite happy with the single-colour
outline sprites as shown here.

Eckhard mentioned how to adjust my binary for Cuttle-Cart compatibility.
How many people would actually use a Cuttle-Cart compatible version to test
on hardware?  I need to know if its worthwhile taking the time to make sure
the binary is Cuttle-Cart compatible.

Thomas asked (in relation to the bank/graphics conversion tool).. "Will you
share that tool too?"...

I am open to the suggestion, but since it outputs data specifically in the
format required for this sprite system, I don't see much call for it until
if/when I release the source code.  I'm sure that will happen eventually...
and when I *do* release the source code, the tool will be made available
with it.  Anyone who just wants the tool for the PNG/JPG/BMP reading
capability... I use a freely available libary called Paintlib - highly
recommended!

Cheers

PS:  Z26 -g11 switch, guys