Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?

Subject: Re: [stella] Reading Paddles?
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 22:15:19 +0100
Paul Slocum wrote:

> That BIT opcode trick is awesome.  Should be posted in The Dig IMO.

BIT is very useful. I have been explaining BIT tricks several times.
Search the archives! ;-).

BTW: I prefer using an undocumented (illegal) NOP instead ($82 or $$0c),
because that doesn't change the flags. :-)

> I don't think it would have made much difference in MC anyway.  I needed a
> lot more cycles than that to add anything extra.  The main thing we wanted
> was to find enough cycles to add "skipDraw" and that wouldn't have been
> near enough.

One thing I have learned when optimizing code: Never say never! ;-)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |