Re: [stella] z26 for Windows

Subject: Re: [stella] z26 for Windows
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2003 21:50:13 -0600

It runs very smooth on my system full screen and windowed, but the sound is very choppy all the time. I have Windows XP Pro and I tried upgrading to DirectX 9, but it didn't help. I'm using a Celeron 500.

Okay I've determined that it is related to my soundcard. I'm using a Lynx One (http://lynxone.com/lynxone.html) which is a studio sound card. I also have a Soundblaster 16 installed which I just use for the Cuttle Cart, and the new Z26 sound works okay on it.

To be a bit more descriptive, the Z26 sound on the Lynx One has sort of a slapback echo effect. The DSP switch doesn't have any effect. I've never had compatibility problems with this sound card before though (MAME32, Sid players, MESS, mp3 players, etc.)

In light of this, having a switch to disable sound might be a good idea.

-Paul