Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!

Subject: Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:30:47 +0200
Christopher wrote:
> You know, if you're switching kernals anyway - You could combine your
> kernal and "Mortal Kurling". Some levels would use your kernal, some
> would use mine. You levels would be more about piloting/dodging
> because of the speed (still with some shooting) while "Mortal Kurling"
> would be more about shooting.

The problem with your kind of kernel is, that it requires P0 and P1
(BTW: Does it? Couldn't you do the same with the missiles?). And that it
is probably even more limiting the cave structure than mine does

Since for my game the player has to face and evade the cave on the
*same* line it wouldn't work. So my cave is not meant to be "just"
eye-candy like in many 2600 games, but essential part of the game play.

Or am I missing something here?

> Okay, picture a top-down view like umm Gauntlet or Frogger.

Now I understand the idea of your game and how it could be programmed.
But I was looking for an idea *especially* for my kind of "cave" kernel,
not a side-scroller in general. And if I understand you idea correctly,
it's doesn't need that kind of cave I am creating at all.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |