RE: [stella] he got game

Subject: RE: [stella] he got game
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 1 Sep 2003 22:30:30 -0000
> > Milestone tonight: it's a game.
>
> Congratulations!

Thanks!

> Use Z26's trace option and look at the trace file. It will tell you
> everything you want to know about what's happening during program
> execution.

Ooh, I gotta learn about the trace option. it might be useful
in other places...though I've always been poor of a printf guy
then a good debugger user.

> I'd like a little more time before the ball appears to give me some time
> to react. Also a slower speed like pong would be nice :)

Yeah, a freeze would be good, and then go, at the start of a round.
Maybe I should load up some Video Olympics and see what you're getting
at.

In terms of a victory sound, maybe 5 'point' dings?  I dunno.

> Also, are you looking for optimization suggestions too? There are some
> opportunities to free up some more bytes in your code. Then you could
> possibly enter it into the 1K game competition.

Heh...that's an interesting idea.

> > * Anyone know a better Fuji symbol that fits in 8 pixels wide? ;-)
>
> I like the one you have. It looks sort of like the one used in Video
> Pinball.

Good point! They must've had the same problem I did.
Do you think it looks better with or without the pixel
in between at the top like I have?

Thanks!
Kirk

 So, if happiness isn't being rich, then it's probably not being middle class,
 which means you're just as likely to find it at rock bottom, which doesn't
 require all the effort, and hell, I'm already there. --"Staggering Heights"