RE: [stella] he got game

Subject: RE: [stella] he got game
From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:38:51 -0400
Hi Kirk,

> Right now I'm using a 2 line kernal, so I don't have quite as
> much fine tuning in the vert speed dept.

I was wondering about this. Why are you doing a 2LK? It seems there is
no need with the 2 players and a ball. Is it just a preference for you?
You could easily position your objects horizontally during VBLANK. Then
in scan-out you should have plenty of time to position them vertically.

I have to agree with Andrew. I think a 1/x frame movement routine would
work better for your game. Also, having the ball velocity and position
determined by where the paddle hit the ball would be good too.