Re: [stella] Cave 1K minigame (fwd)

Subject: Re: [stella] Cave 1K minigame (fwd)
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:47:58 +0200

I have just checked the code too, and I don't think the problem is related
to the
accessed ROM space. So it must be something inside the code that is causing
the problems.
<<

The SC hotspot for bankswitching and RAM control is at $1ff8. Also the
audio data input is at $1ff9. If you have anything at these two addresses,
then your game will most likely crash on the SC. Since your game is only
1K big, moving it to the first 1K of the 2K binary should help. I suppose
it didn't work for Zach, because he forgot to adjust the address for one
of the jump destinations or one of the data tables.

BTW: Just to be sure: Do 2K games load without problems or do you have to
expand them into 4K? Diy you try that?
<<

2K games will work fine on the SC, as long as you avoid accessing the
hotspots. There is no need to increase the size.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg