Aw: Re: [stella] [POLL] What is everybody working on?

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] [POLL] What is everybody working on?
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:16:37 +0100 (CET)
Hi there!

> > But with the game mechanic from Cave1k (et al) that's not really the
> issue. So at first I was just going to adapt the Mortal Kurling scroller.
> But then I thought I could do even better by not having to worry at all
> about displaying anything else but the player's ship (helicopter) and really
> tailor the kernal to that. So I rewrote the kernal from scratch, this is the
> result. The "walls" use P1/M1/M0 (all trippled) and Ball. The helicopter is
> P0 (also trippled but GRP0 gets cleared)

> Sorry, I don't get where the big advantage of your concept is. With P0 and
> P1 already used, how can you do enemies now?
> What am I missing?

I think in the part you quoted he more or less says that he's not going to do any enemies :-)

But that's actually not why I'm writing. I just had an idea of doing a smooth scrolling, yet hires cave: Why not just use the 3 particles and a sprite, maybe the PF and/or flickering to do a vectorized cave? A very simplified version of what I mean renders the Stargate ground for example. Or think Fantastic Voyage in horizontal :-)

Greetings,
Manuel