Re: RE: [stella] I need a little direction for Climber 5??

Subject: Re: RE: [stella] I need a little direction for Climber 5??
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:56:17 -0500
Hi Thomas,

> And with two rows which can contain more than two options you should IMO be more flexible (two rows with e.g. three options each -> 9 variations). And then you still have the switches. :-)

Good point.

> I would prefer to use the switches for things that don't change the gameplay (e.g. pause key, music on/off, NTSC/PAL palette), else it will become impossible to evaluate highscores and the user might need a manual to understand his game options.

That was one of my concerns too. As Atari (and others) did this too I thought I'd stick to the mold.

I also thought of a more obvious option. Have the objects fall for the first couple of screens and then as the player advances have them move with the girders, then have them bounce. This seems doable and a nice difficulty compromise IMO.

Take care,
Dennis