RE: [stella] the new dig (beta)

Subject: RE: [stella] the new dig (beta)
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:34:20 -0800
At 08:29 PM 12/24/2003, you wrote:
Do you still want to use the graphics from the old Dig? I don't know if I
have any (probably not) but I was just curious.

Yes, I'd like to use them but Garon has fallen off the face of the earth. When his site went silent, so also did his email address.

It took me a long while to plagiarize the picture for the splash page. I'd rather use Garon's images. He was able to find very appropriate Atari Force pictures for the various sections of his site which so far I've been able to locate elsewhere.

BTW, in the sort, what does score represent?

If you type in a multiword phrase into the keywords field, the score represents how many of the words were found in the body/subject of the message.

Like if it only finds one of the two keywords the score would probably be 50%.

I don't think it ranks hits based on how many times the keyword shows up, at least it doesn't reflect in the score number itself, but it might internally alter the ordering so that a message with 5 instances of a keyword show up more often than one with only 1 instance.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/