Re: [stella] RPG progress

Subject: Re: [stella] RPG progress
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 10:01:20 +0100
Paul Slocum wrote:
> No, but a rough guess would be around 100-120 scanlines.  I'll test
> it and see.

So maybe you can reduce the time to two frames, right?

> That's a good trick.  Thanks for the tip.

Or you could just use *two* large swap tables and make the code
completely simple.

> I don't see any way to do that without setting aside more temp RAM.
> Once the game is a lot farther along, if it looks like I can spare a
> few bytes I'll do that.  That would definitely be the easiest
> solution.

I am still far from understanding, but couldn't you use the cmdBuffer?
Isn't that solely used for filling the new row? And while the new row
is filled the content of the cmdBuffer is getting more and more
irrelevant?

> Your location on the map is stored in BCD since map cells are 10x10.

Makes sense. But where exactly are you using the advantages of BCD?

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |