Re: [stella] Master Mind Deluxe - 12 Rows + 5 Columns

Subject: Re: [stella] Master Mind Deluxe - 12 Rows + 5 Columns
From: Happy_Dude <happy_dude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 19:46:14 +1000
On Monday 05 April 2004 16:13, Manuel Rotschkar wrote:
> Hm... this is using close spacing, so there's not much to do against this
> being so extremely tight here. I even think it only works because the
> circles are less than 8 pixels wide. (The last color change would be 9
> pixels wide.)
I wanted to use ram pointers to reduce all the loading that routine needs
(each colour is reloaded 12 times per frame)
But I'm leaving that code for the moment. I'm using Y indexed loops to load
the variables now and it saves about 100 bytes. (I feel like a total idiot
for not loading like this in the first place) I'm also just pointing the
Reset button to the reset routine (again very silly to have overlooked)

Anyway heres the latest binary. I'm 1 feature away from a playable beta.
I want to add the Keys into the Cursor routine to use the 5 lines between rows
All the gameplay mechanics are in place. You can change the colour of
each peg in a line and the whole screen is keept in ram.
When you have finished the last row the code is shown.
The cursor is just a row indicator at the moment
I'd like to move it under the pegs so I'll need to use a missile or ball
instead of reusing sprite0 then I won't have to HMOVE during the frame

Again I'm sorry if the scanlines are a bit off.