Re: [stella] New guy / my game

Subject: Re: [stella] New guy / my game
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 7 Sep 2004 17:50:49 -0000
> Okay, well, since you're the second person who's asked....I'm still
> working out some of the game design, but the game is tentatively called
> "Bell the Cat"....if you aren't familiar with the fable, look up "Aesop"
> and "bell the cat" on Google. =)

Heh...we used to own "Miss Belle".  Who was a cat.

(It was short for "MISSing invisiBELL"....she disappeared for
a few days when we first got her.)

> P.S. How do most people move images into their code? I've been
> blistering my eyeballs copying pixel-by-pixel from Photoshop (the
> adjustable pixel aspect ratio in 8.0 really helps do mock-ups!) into a
> text editor, and then writing Perl scripts to manipulate them as needed
> (interlacing/deinterlacing data, doing binary math, etc). I suppose I
> could use perl-fu with GIMP...

I don't know if you'll find it too primitive to meet your needs,
but I got some work done with my Javascript based tool "PlayerPal":
http://alienbill.com/2600/playerpal.html
There's also a Playfield version:
http://alienbill.com/2600/playfieldpal.html

(Both of these are linked of my 2600 page, http://alienbill.com/2600/ )

Weird.  I can feel my blood getting heated to restoke up
some 2600 programming efforts...there's so many other things
in my life I should look into doing first though...

PROCRASTINATION "Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness
                   always pays off now." --Demotivators, http://despair.com