moving stella from biglist

Subject: moving stella from biglist
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:46:36 -0500 (EST)
(Damn....lost Russ's big long message.)

Russ,

Why so strongly opposed to moving the list?  It seems like a very definite
answer.  I'd like to know the reasons...meaybe I'm missing something.

Here are my thoughts...I agree that Biglist was a great resource for a long,
long time.  But that time is over.  For nearly half a year now.  We've waited
(mostly) patiently for the problems to be fixed.  We understand that a free
service is not a priority service.  But come on...five months?  What's the
point of continuing with a service that doesn't fit your needs?  We need
archives.  We want them now.  And we absolutely cannot have messages just
dropped, whether or not they're in a holding bin somewhere.  They're as good
as lost.  These problems should never have existed.  And yet we allow them to
persist.

Why???

It's come to the point of being unacceptable to me, and at best a major problem
for a few others around here.  I'm willing to wait the week that your contact
requested.  I'm willing to wait 2 weeks, or let's just say the rest of November.
What's another half a month?

But I'm calling for a move to another service, run by one of us, or by another
3rd party, if by December 1st, 2004 the searchable archives are not available
in their entirety, and not fully functional.  That at the very least.  If anyone
else has any complaints/requirements to add to that, please feel free to append
them here:

-Chris