Re: Aw: Re: [stella] moving stella from biglist

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] moving stella from biglist
From: Thomas Boutell <boutell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:35:40 -0600 (CST)
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, Russ Perry Jr wrote:

At 12:46 AM -0500 11/16/04, Chris Wilkson wrote:
Russ, why so strongly opposed to moving the list?

... than with an individual who could become too busy -- even if the interest is still there, which isn't guaranteed to last -- to be able to continue the service.

For what it's worth, running gnu mailman has been pretty much fire-and-forget for the several years I've administered it. Ditto for the archiving. Everything just works. I'm frankly mystified by how your archiving became a Big Problem.

And I do host sites for money on a small scale, among other
activities, and some of them do run lists. So it's not as distant from my primary concerns as you might imagine.

Not that a backup plan isn't always a good idea, of course. Yes, I could get hit by a bus.

--
Thomas Boutell
Boutell.Com, Inc. http://www.boutell.com/