Re: [stella] New list: Update

Subject: Re: [stella] New list: Update
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:47:26 -0500
I didn't want to make it sound negative.

> I don't agree that it was a mistake to create
> programming-related
> forums on AtariAge.  Many people are completely
> unaware of the
> existence of the Stella programming list, especially
> if they are just
> getting into the classic gaming scene for the first
> time by exploring
> various websites.  I'm sure several people who have
> joined the Stella
> list over the past few years found out about it as a
> direct result of
> AtariAge.

Which is all the more reason to host the mailing list
AT AtariAge since that is the entrancepoint to the
hobby for most people these days.

Also, Yahoo Groups does show that a mailing list and a
forum can kinda be one and the same.  I don't know if
that can work very well with your setup, but it's
something to think about.