Re: [stella] New list: Update

Subject: Re: [stella] New list: Update
From: Albert Yarusso <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:37:25 -0500
Greetings,

I don't really want to argue the bit about having two lists going on at
the same time, but I did want to comment on one thing you said:

On Feb 23, 2005, at 3:53 PM, Glenn Saunders wrote:
> I think it was already a bad idea to create the
> homebrew forums on AA because it split discussions
> between here and AA.  The only reason it makes sense
> there is that it covers platforms other than just the
> 2600.

I don't agree that it was a mistake to create programming-related
forums on AtariAge.  Many people are completely unaware of the
existence of the Stella programming list, especially if they are just
getting into the classic gaming scene for the first time by exploring
various websites.  I'm sure several people who have joined the Stella
list over the past few years found out about it as a direct result of
AtariAge.  I also know that many people are often completely unaware
that new software is being written for the 2600 until they stumble
across the site.  Some of these individuals end up taking an
interesting in programming the 2600 and eventually find their way here.

  ..Al
Albert Yarusso, http://www.AtariAge.com
Atari News, Forums, Media, Guides, and more!