Re: [stella] Dasm for Linux

Subject: Re: [stella] Dasm for Linux
From: Adam Thornton <adam@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:23:42 -0600
On Mon, 2004-03-29 at 10:01, Andrew Davie wrote:
> I had no way of knowing, as I'm not familiar with the "patch" file method or
> format.

....er.

I'm boggled.

This is pretty much the only way to maintain stuff in the Unix world and
I figured it would have pretty close analogues in the rest of the
world.  How does it work elsewhere?

Anyway, in Unix and things-like-Unix (Linux, Cygwin, whatever), you
create a patch file with the diff command (diff file1 file2 > patchfile,
or more usually diff -R dir1 dir2), and you patch with the patch
command: patch < patchfile in the directory with file1 gives you file2.
diff and patch ought to be standard tools shipped with any Unixish OS.

Adam