Re: OpenSP-1.5pre1 released

Subject: Re: OpenSP-1.5pre1 released
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:47:54 +0100

> > The OpenJade team has made a prerelease of OpenSP-1.5 available at
> >
> >   ftp://openjade.sourceforge.net/pub/openjade/OpenSP-1.5pre1.tar.gz
> >   ftp://openjade.sourceforge.net/pub/openjade/OpenSP-1.5pre1.zip
>
> First question:
> Whether this OpenSP can live with OpenJade-1.3 without serious source code
> editing/programming? If yes (I doubt it:) how can one do that?

No, OpenJade-1.3 can't be linked against libosp15pre1.dll, because the size
of the Char type has changed. You may be able to get OpenJade-1.3 to build
on top of OpenSP-1.5 by changing the GroveChar type in grove/Node.h to be
32bit as well (untested), but this change will make the in-memory
representation of groves grow by the factor 2 compared to OJ-1.3. We haven't
yet decided about a compact grove representation for non-BMP chars.

Hopefully OpenSP-1.5pre1 and OpenJade-1.3 can coexist on the same system,
since we changed the name of the OpenSP dll.

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606