Re: OpenSP-1.5pre1 released

Subject: Re: OpenSP-1.5pre1 released
From: Rudi Chiarito <nutello@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:00:38 -0600 (CST)
Matthias Clasen wrote:
>No, OpenJade-1.3 can't be linked against libosp15pre1.dll, because the size
>of the Char type has changed. You may be able to get OpenJade-1.3 to build
>on top of OpenSP-1.5 by changing the GroveChar type in grove/Node.h to be
>32bit as well (untested), but this change will make the in-memory

So basically I should try replacing the SP directories included in the
OpenJade distribution with those from OpenSP-1.5 and make the fix you
described above? Any other stuff to be taken in consideration?

>representation of groves grow by the factor 2 compared to OJ-1.3. We haven't
>yet decided about a compact grove representation for non-BMP chars.

When is a new release of OJ planned? I am setting up a documentation
server and a DTDDECL-aware version of OpenJade would simplify a lot some
tasks. Unfortunately schedules are really tight and I have no time left
to try hacking the sources on my own. :(((

Thanks for any help.