Re: (dsssl) OpenJade patches for latest JadeTeX?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) OpenJade patches for latest JadeTeX?
From: hoenicka_markus <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 23:49:41 -0500
Hi,

below you'll find a testcase for the table problems with the new
JadeTeX/old OpenJade combo. The versions are:
JadeTeX 3.3
OpenJade 1.3
OpenSP 1.3.4
running on WinNT, CygWin 1.1.6

The problem goes away if I switch back to the old jadetex.fmt created with
JadeTeX 2.20.

This is the error I get (there are several screens full of that until TeX
gives up):

! Undefined control sequence.
\endTableCell #1->\ifnum \NRowsSpanned
                                       >1\endJadeRowSpan \fi \rule [-...
l.384 ...}Variable\endPar{}\endTableCell{}
                                          %
! Missing number, treated as zero.
<to be read again>

\endTableCell #1->\ifnum \NRowsSpanned >
                                        1\endJadeRowSpan \fi \rule [-...
l.384 ...}Variable\endPar{}\endTableCell{}
                                          %
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
l.384 ...}Variable\endPar{}\endTableCell{}
                                          %
! Missing } inserted.
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
l.384 ...}Variable\endPar{}\endTableCell{}

and so on.

A chopped-down testcase that produces this error looks like this (I hope my
email prog does not scramble it; I also sent this file as an attachment in
a private mail to Adam; please shout if anyone else needs it)
---8<-----------------------------------------------
<!DOCTYPE CHAPTER PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN" [
<!ENTITY appname "refdb">
]>
<!-- $Id$ -->
<chapter>
  <title>Installation</title>
  <sect1>
    <title>Things to know before you start</title>
    <sect2>
      <title>Where do the components go?</title>
      <sect3>
        <title>Init file variables</title>
        <para>This section lists the variables that can be set in the init
files and their default values, if any.</para>
          <title>.&appname;-admin-init</title>
          <tgroup cols="3">
            <thead>
              <row>
                <entry>Variable</entry>
                <entry>Default</entry>
                <entry>Comment</entry>
              </row>
            </thead>
            <tbody>
              <row>
                <entry>pager</entry>
                <entry>stdout</entry>
                <entry>The command line of a pager that accepts the output
of refdb on stdin to allow scrolling and other nifty things.
              </row>
              <row>
                <entry>passwd</entry>
                <entry>(none)</entry>
                <entry>The password which is used for authentication with
the database server. It is potentially evil to store unencrypted passwords
in disk files. At least make sure that the init file is not readable for
anyone else.</entry>
              </row>
              <row>
                <entry>port</entry>
                <entry>9734</entry>
                <entry>The port on which
<application>&appname;s</application> listens. Change this for all clients
and the server if this value interferes with another program using this
port.</entry>
              </row>
              <row>
                <entry>serverip</entry>
                <entry>127.0.0.1</entry>
                <entry>The IP address of the machine where
<application>&appname;s</application> runs. Use the default (localhost)
address if the clients and &appname;s run on the same machine.</entry>
              </row>
              <row>
                <entry>timeout</entry>
                <entry>5</entry>
                <entry>The timeout in seconds. After this time has elapsed,
a stalled connection is taken down. Increase this value if you encounter
frequent timeout errors due to high network traffic or
<application>&appname;s</application> overload.</entry>
              </row>
              <row>
                <entry>username</entry>
                <entry>(none)</entry>
                <entry>The username which is used for authentication with
the database server. This may be different from the login name of the
user.</entry>
              </row>
              <row>
                <entry>verbose</entry>
                <entry>f</entry>
                <entry>Set this to t if you prefer verbose error
messages.</entry>
              </row>
            </tbody>
          </tgroup>