(dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend

Subject: (dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend
From: "Markus Hoenicka" <hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:30:53 -0500
Try to use something like &endash;&endash;. The Tex backend or the
JadeTeX macros seem to be intelligent enough to treat this as two
separate dashes. This works also in the other backends and needs no
customizations in the stylesheets.

regards,
Markus
Samuel Tardieu writes:

 > I just wrote the FAQ for the fr.comp.lang.ada newsgroup using DocBook
 > (<URL:http://www.rfc1149.net/fcla/) which allows me to offer it in a
 > variety of formats.
 >
 > However, I have a problem with Ada comments. Those comments are led by a
 > double-dash sign such as:
 >
 >   A := 3;    -- Assigns the value 3 to the A variable
 >
 > Using the TeX backend with DSSSL renders it as in TeX, that is a longer
 > dash. Is there a way to get the right result both in HTML and in TeX? A
 > possible solution would be to render '-' as '{-}'. Is this doable with
 > a customization stylesheet or do I have to patch the DSSSL modular print
 > stylesheet or even openjade?
 >
 > Thanks in advance. I am using openjade 1.3.1 and modular stylesheets 1.73.
 >
 >   Sam

Markus Hoenicka
hoenicka_markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hoenicka_markus/