Re: (dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Double-dash sign and TeX backend
From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <lat@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:45:55 +0200
> It would probably be easy for the tex backend of jade to just
> output - appearing in pcdata as some macro that can be defined in
> jadetex as a non ligature. jade knows which characters come from data and
> which come from number or length specifications, but it's harder to
> distinguish these at the tex level.

I have submitted a patch for this a couple of times over the past few
years.  It indeed needs to be fixed in the jade tex backend.  I suppose
that means that patch never got into the (open)jade releases.  If you
want to make your own (open?)jade and want the patch, I think I can
still find it -- drop me a mail please.

Cheerio,
//lat
--
Be brave.  Even if you're not, pretend to be.  No one can
tell the difference.  --H. Jackson Brown, Jr.