RE: (dsssl) DSSSL Book

Subject: RE: (dsssl) DSSSL Book
From: Didier PH Martin <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:20:43 -0500
Hi Javier,

Yes, before submitting your book to publishers you'll need to get it
translated into English. If you can get that. Here are some pointers.
a)  you need to write a book proposal to introduce your book to publishers.
This is a kind of sales letter. All the publishers I dealt with asked for it
(Wrox, Manning, OReilly)
b) Don't worry about a perfect English since most of these publishers have
proofreader that can do the job.
c) all the publishers I worked with will submit your book to reviewers
before publishing it.
d) keep some content to write some articles form it. You'll need that for
the book's marketing (I know, I know, but marketing is a necessary evil :-)

If you have any other question please email me at martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Having published several books I can help you remove some roadblocks.

There is also an alternative: if you want it to be published both on paper
and online as an ebook take a look at: http://www.1stbooks.com/

Anyway, if you want to talk more about that, please email me. I whish you
all the best for that initiative.

Cheers
Didier