RE: (dsssl) SGML to XML

Subject: RE: (dsssl) SGML to XML
From: Didier PH Martin <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:16:04 -0500
Hi Narinder,

Narinder said:

Thank you everybody for your response. But I guess I wont be using DSSSL as
I require to process
the SGML where I am moving elements nodes from ancestors, parent, following
and preceding siblings
etc.

Didier replies:
I am confused Narinder. If you need to move elements from ancestors, parent,
following and preceding seeblings, then DSSSL can, off course, do the job.
Openjade actual restrictions are not about moving elements but more about
matching with attributes (XSLT ex: match="@attr" or match="[@attr=`hello`]")
when firing a contruction rule. So, if you need to move elements, DSSSL can
surely do the job.

So, is the real cause the learning curve? (just asking that by curiosity) or
because of any other limitation you didn't mentioned in the message?

Cheers
Didier PH Martin
http://www.didier-martin.com