Re: [jats-list] pub-id-type

Subject: Re: [jats-list] pub-id-type
From: "Mike Eden meden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 13:13:31 -0000
Thank you Mark, Nikos,

Change report for 1.1 b 1.2 has
b@pub-id-type b The attribute @pub-id-type for <article-id> and <pub-id>
in Publishing
and Authoring is a fixed list of values which mixes types and authorities.
Although these
value lists will not change; the non-normative documentation will specify that
for Best
Practice, the attribute @pub-id-type should describe the type values and the
attribute
@assigning-authority should name the responsible agency.b

And
b4.1 #00594/#00595/#00596: Derestrict @pub-id-type
The original Standing Committee recommendation in JATS Committee Draft 1.2d1:
bThe attribute @pub-id-type should become an unrestricted list (CDATA
attribute) with a list of
suggested values in the documentation for the Publishing Tag Set.b
was reversed in JATS Committee Draft 1.2d2. Therefore no action was taken.
Publishing will
continue to use a fixed list of values. Archiving is and has been a CDATA open
list.b

So it still is a restrictive list in 1.2d2.

I was thinking it would have been better to have <article-id
pub-id-type=bpreprintb assigning-authority=bbiorxivb>  and <article-id
pub-id-type=bpreprintb assigning-authority=barxivb>  etc. but I can
see that bpublisherb fits in this scenario, though lest descriptive I
feel.

My other concern is that barxivb is already a value in the @pub-id-type
list so could be added as just that, but given the above example and Markbs
it would also qualify as an assigning-authority, but bbiorxivb could not
sit in both camps.  If the list is not going to be added to, would it not make
sense to remove some of these values to encourage a more consistent mark up?

Regards
Mike