Re: [xsl] Where is 'intersect' Operator Defined in XPath 3?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Where is 'intersect' Operator Defined in XPath 3?
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2022 22:10:57 -0000
On Tue, 2022-08-09 at 20:35 +0000, Dimitre Novatchev
dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> B B B  Using this criteria we getB  253583B  / 250 = 1014.332 pages.
>
> 2. Do the same as 1. above but with the XSLT 1.0 specification. How
> many
> pages do we get? Just 107 pages.
>
> Does this fact tell us something and what?

That the Funtions and Operators specification is larger than the XSLT 1
specification was, although it would make more sense to compare with
XPath 1.

This is for three main reasons.

First, the language has been made much more precise.

Second, the XPath language has grown considerably

Third, there's a much higher proportion of helpful explanatory text,
including section introductions, an explanation of regular expression
syntax, a great many examples, and more.

This is not a bad thing.

liam

--
Liam Quin,B https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/