Re: [xsl] suggestion for an xml editor, please?

Subject: Re: [xsl] suggestion for an xml editor, please?
From: "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen cmsmcq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 13:06:13 -0000
"Trevor Nicholls trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I use emacs with an xml mode enabled, but this only assists me with
> syntax errors (unterminated elements, etc) and not semantic errors
> (document doesn't conform to its declared schema). Is there an emacs
> package which can do both?

Two that I've used:

  - the xml mode that comes with Lennart Staflin's PSGML (for DTDs)
  - James Clark's nxml mode (for Relax NG compact-syntax schemas)

At the moment I mostly use nxml mode, with key bindings modified to be
closer to those of psgml mode.  (Are the psgml mode bindings better
designed?  Or did I just get used to them first?  Possibly.)

--
C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Black Mesa Technologies LLC