Re: R: [stella] New project - RPG engine

Subject: Re: R: [stella] New project - RPG engine
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:05:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Nick S Bensema wrote:
> The phrase "it can't be done" only applies to N64 emulators.  This century,
> at least it does.  I remember that phrase being applied to text adventures
> on the VCS, and next thing you know Greg Troutman wrote Dark Mage.

I never said it can't be done.  I said I don't think anyone can handle it
right now.

I think the RPG people have shown themselves to be stubborn about the
game and this has been to their disadvantage.  To my knowledge, noone who
is fronting this project knows how to code, and as long as they are
beholden on volunteers, the requirement that this be a 16-128K banked ROM
with superchip RAM only further limits their chances of soliciting a
programmer.  And if they decide to do it themselves, they will still have
to face the steep learning curve and they probably won't have the game
done by the end of the century as a result.