Re: R: [stella] New project - RPG engine

Subject: Re: R: [stella] New project - RPG engine
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 23:09:22 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Chris Wilkson - MCD wrote:
> I think what's going to happen now is that I'll go ahead and sink the money
> into developer boards so people can start writing code with them.  But before
> I do this, I'll need definite commitments from programmers...

How would a developer board actually work?  Would it download code via
parallel or serial or what?  Would it require a PC slot?

Extended debugging control can really only be provided with a 2600 chip
emulator system ala the various "FROBs" that were used in the golden era.
Doug Neubauer built one of these himself as an ISA card for developing 16K
carts.  I have emailed him on this subject and maybe his design could be
reused.  This was back in the dawn of the PC era, of course, so I guess
ironically it's a good thing that the DOS, the PC, and ISA slots are still
there....