Re: [stella] Gravitar

Subject: Re: [stella] Gravitar
From: Nick S Bensema <nickb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 08:21:19 -0700 (MST)
>On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Nick S Bensema wrote:
>> One could say the same thing about Gravitar... the physics on that one
>> blow roses, especially considering Space War did better in 2k than Gravitar
>> could in 8k.
>
>The physics in Gravitar never make sense, that's the whole reason the game
>is difficult.  Gravity direction, polarity, and strength is relative to
>certain areas of the screen in many ways.  I think the 2600 Gravitar port
>is one of the strongest efforts on the machine.

Well, the direction vectors seem to be way off, so that you accellerate
faster at certain trajectories than others.  And the gravity seems OK in
most places, but when the gravity force is drawing you towards the
center of the screen, it seems as if it's always pulling at a 45-degree
angle.  I don't know whether that was the result of laziness, or done
on purpose so I couldn't get into a stable orbit.