Re: [stella] RAM Cart?

Subject: Re: [stella] RAM Cart?
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:00:22 +0100
At 00:00 15.01.99 -0600, you wrote:
>I havn't had much experiance with the supercharger, but once a game is
>sent to it, does it work identical to building a EPROM cart?  I know that
>the way I made mine, and from the Technical descriptions of Pete's, that
>the result is an image that is identical to an EPROM cart.

The only differences between the Supercharger and a burned EPROM
are that the SC BIOS leaves the VCS RAM in a defined state and
that accessing the 'hot spot' at $FFF8/$FFF9 in any way will trigger
the SC bankswitching and might therefore crash the game. For a newly
written game it shouldn't be a problem to avoid these two bytes though.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg