Re: [stella] RAM Cart?

Subject: Re: [stella] RAM Cart?
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 09:08:59 -0800
At 12:00 AM 1/15/99 -0600, you wrote:
>I don't know.  Has anyone ever had any problem with a program that does
>not work when used through makewav and the supercharger?(but does when
>burned)

After you perform Bob Colbert's modification to keep the Supercharger from
being able to write to memory all 4K images will work.  Of course, 4K is
pretty limiting.

>I havn't had much experiance with the supercharger, but once a game is
>sent to it, does it work identical to building a EPROM cart?

Yes, but it isn't persistent.  When you power down, you lose the game.
Therefore things like "frying" can't be done, for instance.  It would be
nice if a modern RAMCART used SRAM or EEPROM or something instead of DRAM.

== Glenn Saunders  --3D Graphics / Videography / Web development--      ==
== krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 ==
== Stella@20 video page         http://users.cnmnetwork.com/~krishna    ==