Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)

Subject: Re: [stella] Ho ho ho #1 (Boing)
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2000 12:46:25 -0500
At 04:11 PM 1/1/00 +0100, Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
>Actually the Stella emulator now says that your demo does 265 scanlines.
>Doing a couple of scanlines more or less is not a big problem, but doing
>an odd number of scanlines will turn all colours on PAL into grey, so
>maybe you could fix this again?

Hmm, you're right, but I don't understand why.  PCAE tells me I'm on line
232 when I do my VSYNC in each frame, which is where a whole bunch of
commercial games end up when they do their VSYNC.  How does Stella count
scanlines?

I'll decrease the number of overscan lines by one, anyway.

>And would it be possible that you attatch your binaries like you do
>with your source code instead of including them as UUENCODEd text?

I don't know why Eudora isn't sending them both as uuencoded text; I
frequently send mail to people who have trouble with MIME and have sought
to banish MIME from my system altogether.  I attach both files the same way
(in fact I drag them both in at the same time) so it must be a peculiarity
of Eudora.  I'll mess with the settings next time but it may not be pretty ;)

Rob

kudla@xxxxxxxxx ... http://kudla.org/raindog ... Rob