Re: [stella] interlace / single line resolution

Subject: Re: [stella] interlace / single line resolution
From: Paul Hart <hart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:53:34 -0600 (MDT)
On Fri, 23 Jun 2000 kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Some years ago, I also tried to record VCS games on a VCR. It did work
> on most of them, but all lost color on playback.  However, I didn't
> manage to record Pole Position, which didn't get me a stable signal
> (all PAL versions, here).

A while ago I recorded myself on my VCR playing Pitfall for the purposes
of making a map of the game (record myself running left for twenty mintues
then record myself running right for twenty minutes to make sure I hit
every room in the game).  I live in the United States and used all NTSC
equipment and everything worked.  The playback picture was just like on my
television and the color was fine as well.  I wonder if your PAL versions
caused the color problems.

Paul Hart

--
Paul Robert Hart        ><8>  ><8>  ><8>        Verio Web Hosting, Inc.
hart@xxxxxxxxxxx        ><8>  ><8>  ><8>        http://www.iserver.com/