Re: [stella] interlace / single line resolution

Subject: Re: [stella] interlace / single line resolution
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 02:30:49 -0700
At 10:56 AM 6/23/2000 +0200, you wrote:
At 09.16 23/06/00 +0200, kurt.woloch@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
In Oystron, one shot is the ball, and the other is a missile. This explains why one is always white, and the other is color-striped: the "missile" shot gets the colors from the player used to display the enemies in the same group of scanlines. That would have been an ugly effect for most objects, but it is acceptable (if not a nice touch) for a shot. IMHO these compromises are part of the beauty of the 2600 :-)

What is it that causes the slight shift up one scanline of the shots as they track from left to right? It's something I've noticed and I'm not sure if it's an optical illusion or what.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/