Re: [stella] interlace / single line resolution

Subject: Re: [stella] interlace / single line resolution
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:04:32 +0200
At 02.30 23/06/00 -0700, Glenn Saunders wrote:

the "missile" shot gets the colors from the player used to display the enemies in the same group of scanlines.

Oops, I was wrong here, oviously is the "ball" shot that gets the playfield colors. The other shot is the player's missile.

What is it that causes the slight shift up one scanline of the shots as they track from left to right? It's something I've noticed and I'm not sure if it's an optical illusion or what.

It happens because the missile/ball enable registers are written too late, so when the shots go past a given x-coordinate, they shift up one scanline. Before you ask - no, it can't be fixed, it has been a compromise.

Ciao,
 P.

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/