Re: [stella] Hello, and.. my game

Subject: Re: [stella] Hello, and.. my game
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 00:38:14 +0200
Hey Manuel!

> Well, I played it some more, I even once beat all three
> levels :-)

Heh nice to hear that... I always fear that the game would be too easy or
too difficult..
I think that it took you the right amount of time to go throu the 3 sample
levels :)

> What I can say right now, is that there's a little more
> variety in the gameplay in Frogger, which you should try
> to achieve too.
>
> For example Frogger has not only obstacles to miss, but
> obstacles to hit, too. The obstacles have different
> sizes, some of them are diving, there's froggers
> girlfriend... all that stuff, you know what I
> mean.

Yes I totally agree..
My "stripes" of sprites can currently have different NUSIZ, which is a
start, even if in the version I've sent they all have the same value.
The idea of making "diving" enemies is cool!... and even if it would make it
look even more similar to frogger, it's definitely something to take into
account!

> Another thing I thought to mention: Though I agree with
> the others that your current graphics are all looking
> cool for themselves, I think they should be more themed
> or grouped, so that they fit together better and so the
> the game makes more sense and gets more athmosphere.
>
> I understand that right now you just assembled some
> graphics to have anything visible? I mean, the candybar
> for example looks cool, but why would it float around in
> space? :-)

Yes and in fact the 3 levels are just a "showcase" of my sprites for the
ostacles :)
Concerning the food, I agree it's weird... I just thought it would give the
game a slightly distinctive look, even if a little unnatural...
Humm what would you suggest the player should pick up instead?

Initially, I just had the player, that had to look like a bomb, get on top
and destroy, by colliding with it, an enemy ship (instead of food). But then
it looked too easy and I wanted to add something: getting back to the base.
This implies that the player would survive the collision...! and so I
replaced the enemy ship with food :)

Thanks a whole lot for the great feedback, Manuel!
Ciao,
Fabrizio.-