Re: [stella] Hello, and.. my game

Subject: Re: [stella] Hello, and.. my game
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 10:58:19 +0200
Hi there!

>I think an interesting variation would be to have the
enemies change their
>movement part-way across the screen.  For instance, one
row could start off
>slow, then speed up gradually, then slow down again.
Another row could
>start off relatively fast, slow down, and then go in
reverse!

Cool!

That made me just think one step further :-)

I'm sure anybody remember Impossible Mission? What if
some of the Space Treat obstacles would behave not
unlike the enemy robots in Impossible Mission?

-There'd be the *stupid* ships floating around, just
like they do now. Different speeds, random movement,
certain movement schemes, etc...

-Then there could be *intelligent* ships of two types:
Ones that speed up, when they *see* you (i.e. when
they're moving towards you) and ones that can even sense
you from behind, which would make them turn towards you
immediately.

You could somehow make their abillities dependent on
their look, so that the player can identify which type
of ship he's facing on the next line and maybe a certain
color scheme would indicate how dangerous it is - this
time :-)

Again, for the graphics: I agree with what Erik said
about weirdness and Q-Bert, but then all in Q-Bert is
weird, that's the differnce. Q-Bert is not mixing
something real with weirdness. If there's a clear
*space* theme to the game, fruits and candys don't make
sense. (Except when it's Q-Bert piloting the ship, of
course :-))

As for what else to collect: Make up a background story
to fit the stuff. It might be E.T. collecting parts for
a telephone as well as the Keeper of the Seven keys who
lost all of them in this warp accident.
But: *just* fruits is not good enough :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel