Re: [stella] Crazy idea

Subject: Re: [stella] Crazy idea
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 26 Jun 2002 15:36:18 -0000
> Ahh! Putting my JavaScript skills to work. Good idea!
> Hmm...JavaScript Reverse Adventure. That's do-able,
> actually.

Put down the crack pipe and back away slowly, sir...
I joke, I joke. Actually it has some potential...
and Javascript is much, much easier than 2600 Assembly.
(But of course, if ease was my main concern, what the
hell am I doing on this list?)

So what are you thinking, DHTML and stuff to move GIFs
around on screen?  If you just wanted to make a "playable
tribute" of sorts, that might be a decent bet.  (and if
you're jonesin' to make a "real atari game", obviously
it will never do)  One thing you can do is rip the graphics
from an emulator for your GIFs...I used that technique
to make GIFs for my Java version of JoustPong:
http://alienbill.com/abp/java/joustpong/

Anyway, this getting a bit away from the core mission of
the Stella list, so I apologize for that...though I wouldn't
mind seeing what Atari tribute you come up with.

"I believe that Ronald Reagan will someday make this country
 what it once was. . . an artic wilderness."  --Steve Martin