Re: [stella] Robot City v0.18

Subject: Re: [stella] Robot City v0.18
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 14:26:56 +0200
Brian Crawford wrote:
>Also, I got trapped in the corner of the screen because
>there was enemy debris at the starting point
Yes, that's something left to solve. I'm thinking about
reviveing that tank or moving it out of the way, probably
depending on the difficulty level.

Glenn Saunders wrote:
>It would be nice if maybe instead of dying when you hit
>debris, you could PUSH the debris around.  That would add a
>Pengo-like aspect to the game.
Hm, never thought about that before. The only problem would be,
how to push them arround corners?

>Maybe if they took multiple hits they could leave a powerup
>behind if you manage to destroy them completely (probably
>shields).
That's what I'm already planing. When a tank is hit, it's
shield gets disabled for a while and some powerup can be picked
up. If you don't pick it up fast enough, the shield gets
enabled again and the tank can be revived. Some possible
powerups I have thought about are fuel, a damage repair kit,
more speed (~50%) and a "megabomb".

The helicopter can survive multiple hits but those cost energy
and randomly cause some damage (slower speed, a fuel leak, much
slower gun shots and, if possible, a broken radar, so you can't
see tanks behind walls anymore). The megabombs kills all tanks
in some range and helps you escaping when trapped.

Better?

Have fun!
Thomas