Re: [stella] latest Star Fire

Subject: Re: [stella] latest Star Fire
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 15:53:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Manuel Polik wrote:

> I think what happened here was that I overlooked some
> "Branch out of reach" myself this time. (Damn DASM, why
> does it compile a working 4K in this case!) I wonder why
> it works on the emulators though. Maybe their "Branch
> out of reach" is one byte more tolerant than a real
> 6507?!?

Heh....so many times, you've spotted that for other people.
I guess now it's your turn.  :)

> > To avoid confusion, it might help if you put a version
> > number in the filename, like star01.bin, star02.bin,
> > etc...
>
> Hm... the name is created by Textpad, I don't do
> anything to it :-)

Ahh.  Ok.

> At the moment it's just backed by a counter. I'll start
> implementing any real game logic next week, when
> hopefully all visual stuff is done.

Cool.  I can't wait.  One note, while you're still doing display
stuff.  For the radar, can you change the colors of the ships,
or are they hardcoded?  Red on green works fine, but the single
red pixel is hard to see in the black area of the radar.

-Chris