[stella] Supercharger Compatibility

Subject: [stella] Supercharger Compatibility
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 00:46:17 -0500
So while messing around with Kool-Aid Man, I decided to have a go at modifying it to work with the Supercharger. I know about $fff8/$fff9 but modifying Kool-Aid Man to avoid those addresses didn't help much, it still crashes the Supercharger.

So what else could it be doing? I believe RAM location $80 is used as control byte for Supercharger RAM reads/writes. Correct? (Though I've never had any problems with my games using $80 and running on the Supercharger?!?) Anything else it could be doing that would have nasty side-effects?

Is there a list of 4k ROMs which are not Supercharger compatible? It obviously wouldn't be a project on level with Thomas's PAL2NTSC hacks but it seems like a good excuse to poke through a bunch of .bins and get them working...

Chris...