Re: [stella] Space Treat new version

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Treat new version
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 02:38:56 -0600
I played ST a lot tonight. I really like it! Here are my suggestions:

1) I agree with Thomas that it would benefit a lot from a scoring system based on the time and maybe a few other things. Score adds a lot of depth and replay value. Doing the scoring on Marble Craze was a lot easier than I thought it would be. The only hard part was writing the score kernal, but I needed a custom two player score display, where you can just grab the standard 6 digit score routine. You could even use 2 digits to display the level and the other 4 for score.

2) The game doesn't seem to get more difficult after about level 10. Actually, I often have more trouble with 3-9 than I do above that. One idea I had is to increase the entire game speed at some point (your ship moves faster and the enemies move faster). And making the key appear near the edge is usually more difficult than if it's near the center.

3) I had problems with my joystick sending two up/down moves when I only intended one. Has anyone else had problems with this? It might be worthwhile to debounce the up/down movement a bit. I'll try some other joysticks and see if I have the same problem.

-Paul