Re: [stella] Space Treat new version

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Treat new version
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 16:33:29 +0100
Fabrizio wrote:
>- After finishing a level, the game stays 1/2 seconds on it
>showing all the enemies turned into food

Now, that is giving me a much more rewarding feeling when
finishing a level. :-)

>- Increased size of Fuel Bar, making it more readable on the
>TV screen

Now it should be much better recognizable. Can somebodsy
confirm this?

>Humm ok, in fact if you wanted to take a picture of it that
>would be pretty complicated.. I could make it wait for the
>firebutton to be pressed, would that be better?

Yes, that's IMO the best solution. If you should implement
selectable starting levels and a score those should be
displayed somehow too. Else maybe something like "Game Over"
written below.

And I still would *love* to see some scoring system. E.g. based
on the remaining time when you pick up the key and finish a
level. Plus some extra bonus when finishing a level without
loosing a life and maybe an inreasing remaining lifes bonus.
While the mastered levels still should be most important, an
extra score would give some additional replay motivation.

Then selectable starting levels (with less lives!) would allow
some training in the higher levels, but for a great score you
would have to start at level 1.

BTW: I'm allways having *massive* problems with level 3, e.g.
level 4 and 5 are much easier for me. Anybody having the same
problems?

Have fun!
Thomas