Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?

Subject: Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:18:04 -0500
Hi Jason,

> When I tried using the horizontal positioning routine to move the sprites in
> accordance with joystick movement, the sprites jump approximately 1/4 of the
> screen width (seemingly) with each frame... I am not certain if this is an
> error in my (badly patched together) code or the natural result of not doing
> the positioning during the kernel.  I tried replacing the Battlezone hor-pos
> routine with the Air Sea Battle method and got the same result...

I've seen that too. Are you setting HMPx during the 24 cycles after HMOVE? When I did that I saw my sprites jump. When I move the HMPx set to be 24 cycles after HMOVE they worked fine. Also check the trace log in Z26. If you see a <---weird you might want to check into it. I saw these with my first few tries of Climber.

Take care,
Dennis