[stella] INV again, almost final version - inv33104.bin

Subject: [stella] INV again, almost final version - inv33104.bin
From: Erik Mooney <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 00:21:29 -0500
OK, here's another version of INV.  Any comments are welcome, as always.
:)

I tried messing with the missile and bomb speeds, but the kernel can't
handle that without a lot of rewriting.  The difference is not really that
they go faster than in the arcade, but that there's less vertical space
available in the horizontally-oriented screen.

I think it's actually done now, with the exception of proper PAL support
which I'm going to look into.

The other thing it still might want is a better title?  Or does everyone
know it as INV by now so I should just leave it at that?

Changelog 3/31/04:

Reworked the player death sequence.  No background flickering, 3 second
delay with a sound effect, and the player's position is reset to the edge
of the screen.  This was actually the first time I ever coded a sound
effect on the 2600. :)

Added a 3-second pause between waves too.

Added a 1-second pause at game start - the arcade has a small delay here
as well, and this gives the player time to move his hand from the reset
switch to the joystick.

To match the arcade, at game start the player positions are set to the
edges of the screen instead of somewhere in the middle.

Fixed the bug where the saucer noise continues if the saucer leaves the
screen while game is not in progress.  (Thanks, Glenn.)

Found and fixed a bug where the second player's shot count was getting
overwritten with another value, causing garbage to get entered into his
score when he shot the saucer.

Rediscovered the old bug where if the lowest row of invaders reaches the
shields, the shields disappear correctly, but then if invaders are shot so
that there are no longer any invaders down that low, the shields reappear.
Fixed it to permanently remove the shields for that wave in that case.